Car Accidents in Savannah
The Simon Law Firm's attorneys have over 35 years combined experience representing clients in automobile cases, and understand that personal interaction between client and lawyer is essential to the successful resolution of these cases. When you call to discuss your situation with our firm, you will speak to our lawyers and not to a "case manager."
The Key things you need to know to evaluate your case are:
- How much visible damage is there to the cars. This is the most important factor in determining how the claim will be handled by the insurer and the jury.
- What is the nature of your injury and the expertise of the doctors treating you. You can claim the gross total of your medical bills, but the medical care needs to commence soon after the crash and be administered by professionals.
- The amount of insurance coverage the other driver has and the amount of uninsured motorist coverage.
- The county the defendant lives in and whether they are an individual or a corporation. Juries cannot be told there is insurance in the case and their political views and assessment of the defendant's ability to pay a big judgment affects their evaluation.
Deciding whether to hire a lawyer for your claim is an important decision and depends on many factors. Likewise, our firm’s decision about whether to accept a new case requires the same level of thought. We accept only those cases in which we believe we can add more than enough value for the client to cover our cost. If we cannot, we are glad to provide a free consultation so that you will be better informed as you deal with your claim. While the decision to hire a lawyer requires careful consideration, the decision to call for free advice is an easy one.
Christopher Simon has written a book on handling auto accident claims in Georgia. His book, The Georgia Guide to Buying Car Insurance and Handling Car Accident Claims, is a valuable resource for anyone wanting to understand more about how this often confusing process works in Georgia. It is currently available for purchase on Amazon.com.
- Wrongful Death in Georgia
- Hit by a Car in Savannah Georgia
- Dog Bite Cases in Savannah Georgia
- Injuries at Work
- Savannah Boating Accidents and Injuries
- The liability policy for the car they are driving.
- Their own car insurance liability policy if the vehicle is borrowed.
- The liability policies for any relatives they live with if the car they are driving is insured by a random stranger.
- Through your personal car policy
- Through the policy on the car you were riding in at the time of the crash
- Through any car policy held by a relative that you live with.